Home » Careers »
Our associates are our most valuable asset. Be part of an exceptional company dedicated to 100% Total Customer Satisfaction by putting the right people FIRST.
Klosterman Baking Company is hiring qualified candidates in all fields. We offer on-the-job training and structured career development.
Klosterman Baking Company, a family owned leader in the baking industry with multi-plant operations in three Midwest states is seeking a qualified, high-energy, extremely organized individual for the position of Product Developer. Please review the posted job description for job specifics. This key position is essential within our company as Klosterman Baking Company continues to target growth and expansion within our organization. Please post your resume and complete the application process by clicking on the "Please Apply Online" button below.
General Job Summary
The Director of Product Development is responsible for leading the organization in research for new products, product enhancements, and product redesign; providing innovation, timely and cost effective improvements, concepts, developments or scientific insight and understanding with respect to new or existing products.
Assuming the role of innovator, and technical problem solver as well as teaming with cross-functional partners including, Purchasing, QA, Marketing, and Manufacturing.
Identify bakery related opportunities to provide competitive advantage for Klosterman Baking Company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage specific projects as assigned and ensure they are completed in a timely manner. Developing new formulas from concept to commercialization. Provide prototype bench samples for sensory analysis, shelf life and field comment. Arrange and assist in plant trials of new products or new processes, ensuring that they are conducted efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Communicate to the appropriate departments when new products, new processes or changes are being introduced and provides them with specifications, standards, procedures and support.
- Troubleshoot existing formulas to optimize production performance
- Continuously analyze existing company and competitor products, ingredients and processes and where necessary, revise to ensure superiority of existing company products.
- Design & conduct experiments to capitalize on novel ingredients for cost savings and improved performance
- Participate in multiple discipline teams (Food Safety, BRC, Food Security, HACCP)
- The position of Product Development will report to the Vice President of Operations.
- Bachelors Degree in Food Science or closely related field.
- 3-10 years' experience in a related field
- Flexibility to travel (25%)
- Strong project management/organization and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Proficient in computer skills
- Product Formulations Knowledge
- Work Independently